I think that harvesting social data to see what people are searching for in regards to a specific topic (e.g. Dynamics AX 7) can be very telling for what is going on and what people are interested in. One of the best ways IMO is to look at search engine suggestions with things like Bing and Google search suggestions. For those that don't know, search suggestions are the things that show up when you start typing in the search window of a search engine (Figure 1 below).
Figure 1 - Example Bing search suggestions
Below is a raw list of the search suggestions that I've compiled from various sources in bold and added some commentary as to why people may be searching for them. Its obviously not THE reason for the searches but I'll try to add some insight into why I would be interested in that.
Top 24 search engine suggestions for 'Dynamics AX 7'
- dynamics ax 7
- Its new. Its what I searched for...
- dynamics ax 7 release date
- The release date has been speculated during 2014 and 2015 as well as who can implement it and its changed a bit over time as new features are added. We generally say 'Generally Available' (eg. GA'ed) instead of 'released'.
- dynamics ax 7 preview
- Often new releases are available for people to preview before they upgrade or if an organization wants to get up to speed on what is changing so they can prepare for those changes in their current implementation. Or partners want to start getting ready. They're probably adding to this.
- dynamics ax 7 release
- See 'release date at #2
- dynamics ax 7 wiki
- Microsoft recently launched a new 'wiki' for AX 7 Dynamics 'AX 7' Technical Preview Help Wiki. A lot has changed in AX 7 so something like this was needed. We usually use things like TechNet or MSDN but back in the day, Axaptapedia was awesome!
- dynamics ax 7 training
- Yeah... People will need training on this. Even the people who know current versions of AX.
- dynamics ax 7 visual studio
- In pre-AX7, MorphX, the integrated development environment (IDE), was used for all AX development. In AX 7, you will be using Visual Studio. Big change!! Check out this video on YouTube for more information: AX7 Development with Visual Studio
- dynamics ax 7 hr
- AX 7 will introduce new functionality around 'Human Capital Management' (more info here: What’s new or changed in Dynamics AX 7). There might be more around HR but I'm not aware of it...
- dynamics ax 7 blog
- There are a lot of AX blogs out there (see mine and all my friends blogs in the right panel of my blog), but there is also an official Microsoft blog which has official information around AX. Check it out for the latest statements from Microsoft about Dynamics AX: Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX: The Microsoft Dynamics AX product team blog. It's different from other blogs in that its from Microsoft.
- dynamics ax 7 saas
- SaaS = software as a service. Its a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. Basically, you could have and use AX like you would Office 365or another online software where you don't have to manage hardware or installations. You don't have to go this route with AX 7, but software in general is trending that direction.
- dynamics ax 7 news
- Who doesn't want to know what is going on with AX 7? There are a lot of things that are changing day to day so you should keep checking your news feed!
- dynamics ax 7 reporting
- Some new enhancements in the SSRS reporting in the headers and footers
- dynamics ax 7 x++
- AX's coding language which is now an official .NET language
- dynamics ax 7 mdla
- Model Driven Layer Architecture. This is big. Check out the benefits of this on the official MSDN blog site: The Benefits of a Model Driven Layered Architecture
- dynamics ax 7 public preview
- This means users can log into AX 7 and preview the program. Spin it up in Lifecycle Services (LCS) and give it a try! Microsoft uses these to get feedback from end users to help shape the future of the product. Help Shape the Future of ERP: Join the Microsoft Dynamics ‘AX 7’ Preview Program
- dynamics ax 7 features
- There are a bunch of features in AX but ppl are generally searching for new features in a release. more info here: What’s new or changed in Dynamics AX 7. Or the searches are new or potentially future users of AX. There might be giant lists of AX functionality but I can't think of one giant sheet of features as ERPs are loaded with features. So its a good search!
- dynamics ax 7.0
- 7 or 7.0... same thing
- dynamics ax 7 RTM
- RTM=Release To Manufacturer. There are multiple builds and iterations of software and hardware (e.g AX CTP builds) but the 'RTM' build is the final build that will be released when the product goes Generally Available (GA'ed). ADDED 1/22/2016: Updates for things like LCS use the acronym RTW or Release To Web. A lot of software that is in a SaaS model have RTWs
- dynamics ax 7 roadmap
- 'Roadmaps' are plans of direction for Microsoft. They typically tell high level where things are going with the software and there are announcements about them usually premiering at conferences like Convergence. The existing 'Long term commitment' diagram goes out to AX 8 but not past that.
- dynamics ax 7 preview technical conference
- The annual Microsoft technical conference held in Seattle. Register here. Its the best conference to go to IMO as there is so much information there with presentations by various Microsoft people. Come hang out with me there :-) It is held in Feb and used to have a bad habit of starting on the super bowl sunday so I'd fly in early so I wouldn't miss it. This year its not thankfully!
- dynamics ax 7 infrastructure
- The infrastructure has changed significantly in AX 7 from previous versions. Its web-based. The AX end user experience is totally different. And with that, obviously the backend has changed too.
- dynamics ax 7 azure apps
- you can leverage Azure apps to build cross-platform scalable enterprise-level applications that connect to data both in the cloud as well as on-premise systems. More information here Everyone loves apps :-)
- dynamics ax 7 cloud
- AX 7 is really the first step in AX being a true cloud leveraged platform in a SaaS model. The 'cloud' is normally Azure but doesn't have to be. It can be Amazon or a private hosted cloud solution as well. I recommend Azure.
- dynamics ax 7 upgrade
- Currently Microsoft is generally not allowing upgrades to AX 7; only new implementations of AX.
Note: As I'm a musician, I have to thrown this in bc I think of it everytime someone says AX 7. In your search results, if you don't say Dynamics, you may see references to Roland's AX-7 Keytar. (Figure 2) Its a keyboard that is held like a guitar, hence keytar. Its a popular one and the only one I've ever played. Yeah. Enjoy that.
Figure 2 - Roland's AX-7 keytar
I think AX-7 Keytar is what they're all looking for! AX 7 Rocks!ReplyDelete
lol. It's the instrument kids dream about growing up to play... AX 7 does rock :-) Probably see you next week at the tech conference, Eugene?Delete
Hello! Thank you for collecting all the search suggestions on the Microsoft dynamics topic, it’s very helpful to have the necessary information in one place, so I’ll probably add your article to my bookmarks. I’m an using advertising agency management software developer, and due to the fact that our solution builds on the dynamics system, I’m particularly interested in what is going on.ReplyDelete
hello! To be honest, I didn't know about these functions and it's good to know it. Thanks a lot! I'm planning to introduce Microsoft Dynamics AX in my company ♥ FOR MORE CLICK HERE microsoft dynamics partnerReplyDelete
Thank You for submitting this Blog.Blog Information is very Useful for us.ReplyDelete